Finland´s largest gallery exhibiting contemporary art and one of the most important galleries in Nordic countries
Built in 1868, it is the main´ church of the orthodox parish of Helsinki. The church was originally built for Russians living in Helsinki. The parish has become Finnish after that time, even though approximately 10% of the parishioners are still Russian. The cathedral was designed by Russian academic and architect Gornostajev. The church’s exterior has been designed based on a stone church built near Moscow in the 16th century.
Open 1.5. - 30.9: mon-fri 9.30-16, sat 9.30-14, sun 12-15.